Pippi Longstocking and Jiggly Puff
Today has been a very exciting day at The Blue Mountains Menagerie. Pippi Longstocking has been sitting on eggs, posted to me from The Riverina, for 35 days. Two of them cracked in transit and this week I thought the rest were rotten.
I was tempted to throw them out and buy day old ducklings. But the wise folk at BYP said to be patient and they were right.
This little yellow bundle of fluff hatched today and there are two more that will hopefully safely hatch over night.
Pippi Longstocking is the duck I got for my 40th Birthday from the RSPCA. She was named by my gorgeous God Daughter so it is a very happy day all round. Jiggly Puff was named by my nearly 10yo daughter. 8yo son wants to name the next one to hatch.
4 comments:
How wonderful Lucy. I am very mpressed with your efforts and your success. I looked at the pictures on The Best Nest but for some reason - operator errorI expect , I couldnt get the comments window to open. They were lovely and Bibi lookes so gorgeous reciting, and Simon is a beautiful angel. Well done all of you. The little chicks are very sweet too. Mum
UPDATE: Still only one duckling and two more diligently tapping away at the shell.
Here's hoping they will make it out eventually.
ah you have a Pippy too - and she has the sweetest face. I'm such a sucker for the mother hen/duck and chick - gets me every time! Hope you are enjoying your hatchlings - you've had quite a few lately!
It is all your fault.
When I saw 'Pumpkin' I just had to get me some fluffies!
Post a Comment