Thursday, July 10, 2008

The coldest week of the year

The kids of The Blue Mountains Menagerie (and their Mum) have been hoping for snow.
It had been predicted on the ground to 800m which is west of Bullaburra. Last night as we were warm inside Springwood Pool it snowed at Katoomba.
We were very excited at the prospect of an early (too early really for the holidays) trip with friends up to 'toomba to see the white stuff.
Alas, the wind was too strong and this morning (too early again) when I called 'toomba Pool there was no snow to be seen.
Oh well...there is always next year.

And of course, it is the coldest week of the year and I left my jacket in a shop in the city. Very clever!!!

6 comments:

Broad Betty said...

I have been waiting for snow here too. I actually don't think it has ever snowed here but it is just feeling so icy I'm sure I will wake up one morning to a white blanket of snow. Did you get your jacket back?

Lucy C said...

Yeah, got it back yesterday.
And it was really warm today.
I'm waiting for your rooster photos.
Off to check for them now.

Amanda O. said...

Oh my, having lived with it all my life I'm not sure I can imagine looking forward to snow! LOL I hope yo enjoy it when it comes!

Nicole and Andrew said...

just thought id pop in & say hi & ask where you got your beautiful light sussex hen 'Dixie'

Lucy C said...

Hi Nicole,
I see you are a local.Sussex Light are hard to find around here.
But there is a trio of Speckled Sussex at Sun Valley Produce.
Don't know if they are good examples of the breed or not.
And you have to take the roo too.
One of the hens had a funny twitching habit which I was a bit suspicious of.
Check them out and let me know what you think.

Nicole and Andrew said...

hey Lucy
thanks for the reply, the last time i was at sun valley a few of the chickens were coughing so not sure if i want to buy my hens from there, & a rooster is not on my list, my neighbours would not be impressed