Wednesday, September 12, 2007

My crazy quest for ducklings...

Sitting duck...

I have been sick since the weekend and my daughter has been letting the chooks and ducks out for me in the mornings. She brings the chook eggs in and gives me an update on the crazy number of duck eggs we have lying around.

I put the birds away at night. Last night I suspected I could see someone sleeping in a nest box. This morning I told the kids they would be late to school and I went out to see what was happening in duck land.

There were eggs in two of the nest boxes and the rest were scattered all over the pen. I had to rake through the straw to find them all. The two nests had feathers in them and the eggs in one of them were warm.

So I knew someone was sitting on them but I had no idea who that someone was. Off to school we went after smashing about ten old eggs on the lawn for the dogs.

After drop off I went to see who was sitting and there she was...Priscilla Queen of the Duck Pen. Squashed into the tiny chook nest box.

1 comment:

The Duck Herder said...

Yay for Priscilla! fingers crossed she is still sitting tight!

Yay!